Friday 20 November 2009

Further Development Through the use of Dreamweaver

Again, my creativity has been developed through using the software 'Dreamweaver' to learn how to create a website with working links. I had never used this programme before so I have learnt another new skill that will help me throughout the coursework process, as well as other times outside of my study. I specifically learnt how to use Photoshop to create each page for the website, and then how to import them into 'Dreamweaver' to create my website. As well as this, I also learnt how to add links to navigate around the website.

2 comments:

  1. Very true, and certainly hits the right tone ... but Sam ... I know how you love to write .. some greater detail here would be good. Try to get evaluative. This means considering the things that went less than brilliantly and frustrated you - how did you solve the problem? What will you do differently next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confident in using Photoshop to create the pages required to make the website, and have also learnt how to save them in the correct format in order to import them to use in the ‘Dreamweaver’ programme. This has given me confidence in knowing that I am able to use both programmes competently, which will be an advantage when producing my coursework, however I am much more confident when it comes to using Photoshop than ‘Dreamweaver’. One of the problems I did encounter with ‘Dreamweaver’ however was that at first I found it difficult to understand how to link pages to each other. Although this was the case, with perseverance and trying, I overcame this and now think that I will be able to complete this aspect of the task in a sufficient manner. Next time I encounter a problem such as this, I will step back and consider the situation more carefully, rather than panicking as I did this time. I think that by staying calm and thinking logically about what I have to do will help me to solve any problems I have, and will further help to improve my understanding of both the programme and also what went wrong and the reasons behind why it went wrong.

    ReplyDelete